Date: June 30th, 1:00 am - July 1st, 1:00am
Location: London, ON More Info
London’s Salvation Army Centre of Hope needs Volunteer Community Gardeners.
If you have a green thumb and a love of gardening and supporting the community, this opportunity is for you!
Description of Assignment
- Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, volunteers will provide garden maintenance on a three days per week schedule.
- Watering all flower and vegetable beds (8am)
- Picking and disposing of weeds
- Cleaning up litter
- Harvesting/cleaning/bagging produce as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Punctuality, attention to detail, cooperativeness and adherence to safety guidelines are imperative. Must be willing and able to do physical work and/or lifting items weighing up to 20 lbs. Dress code and other professional standards must be adhered to. Confidentiality expected. Professional gardening experience is ideal, but volunteers must have some gardening experience.
- Minimum three hours weekly, (Mon, Wed, Fri) May – October for selected weeks
Length of Commitment Required
- Minimum of 6 months (weekly intervals)
- Volunteers will book their weeks of work in advance for the growing season.
- Depending on weather, volunteers may not be needed every scheduled day.
- Must have own transportation.
- Must be able to work well independently, with other volunteers and the public.
- No open-toed shoes/sandals/flip-flops.
- Sunhats recommended.
- Proper food safety and personal hygiene policies must be followed.
Please Contact Sheryl Rooth at the Centre of Hope