Circles Ally Information Night
Date: June 21st, 5:30 pm - June 21st, 7:30pm
Venue: 585 Bradley Ave - White Oaks Family Centre
Location: LondonMore Info
We are hosting an open house for allies this Wednesday 21, 2017, 5:30 to 7:30pm. Please see below for more information regarding this amazing Volunteer Opportunity.
Come out and join us to learn more!
About Bridges Out of Poverty | Circles®
Working to end poverty.
Bridges Out of Poverty | Circles® is a community initiative coordinated by Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes that is comprised of caring and compassionate individuals who meet to share information, support, resources, meals, and friendship.
The Bridges Out of Poverty|Circles® program aims to help low-income Londoners transition off of social assistance by holistically building up the various resources that are necessary for moving beyond poverty. One of the key resources for getting ahead is access to healthy relationships and role modelling.
What’s an Ally?
We are looking for Allies (mentors) to volunteer on an ongoing basis. This volunteer role is a one night a week commitment for a total of roughly eight hours per month. Allies will be paired with Leaders (program participants) and will attend our weekly Circles meetings. At Circles, we work collaboratively to assist Leaders with accessing necessary resources and we have discussions about how to solve complex systemic barriers that keep people stuck in poverty. Allies are required for both our Monday and Tuesday evening groups.
What’s in it for you?
- Eating a free meal with a great group of people
- Learning more about community resources and issues that affect people living in poverty
- Making friends with the people who live in your community
- Working collaboratively to build a more inclusive and sustainable community for all Londoners
Do you fit the part?
- An open mind
- A clean vulnerable person screening
- Must have attended a Bridges Out of Poverty workshop or be willing to attend a Bridges Out of Poverty workshop at the first available opportunity
If you feel you “fit the part”, we want to hear from you!
If you’re interested in volunteering as an Ally, please contact:
Meagen Pyper, Coach
Bridges out of Poverty | Circles®